Friday, November 11, 2011

October 6, 2011 E-Mail

My week has been pretty good. We have been working really hard on our progressive investigators (aka teachers acting as an investigator). One of them is getting baptised and we are helping her learn more about the covenants that come with baptism and the importance of staying worthy to have the Holy Ghost be a constant companion. The other one, Gustavo, is a bit more difficult. We just committed him to come to church with us on Sunday but he's been really reluctant to pray with us after lessons so we're going to teach him about the importance of strengthening his relationship with Heavenly Father tomorrow. We do TRC--I have no idea what it stands for but it's when we have volunteers from the community come in and we basically home teach them...in Spanish (I don't think I mentioned that we do everything in Spanish). My companion and I are going to try to work on speaking Spanish everywhere we go now. It's been really tough to do because we're surrounded by people that speak English and seem reluctant to try and practice the language. Elder Olsen is a great guy and we're going to really help each other prepare for the field. In case you didn't know, Oaxaca, Mexico is just a state south and east of Mexico City. It's one of the poorest areas in all of Mexico. I think he ought to be a great missionary.
Daily schedual: 6:00- wake up, pushups/situps/pullups and shower, 7:00- In class studying, 8:00- language study, 9:00-12:00-class and progressive investigator lessons, Then lunch, gym and TRC, 5:00-dinner, 6:00-9:00-class and progressive investigator lessons, 9:00 planning time and back to residence by 9:30, personal time including journal and personal scripture study until 10:15, then pondering/quiet time til 10:25 which is companion prayer, personal prayer, and in bed, lights out at 10:30. That's basically what the average day here at the MTC is. I love it!! :D
I hear that BYU is doing horrible and the Vikings are even worse but I remain behind them! I hope Bingham keeps the title this year and gets a chance to pay Loan Squeak back later in the year. I still can't believe they lost one on the turf...I guess they have forgotten what it means to keep that place sacred. Go Snow!! Badgers all the way (speaking of badgers...what's up with the Wisconsin Badgers because I predicted them to win the national title this year)!! I'd like to hear them win a J.C. national championship this year...I heard that their win this past weekend was pretty dramatic.
Anyways, I love you all and thought I should put a little more of what my schedual is like into these emails. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Love,

Elder Palmer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment