Friday, November 11, 2011

October 20, 2011

 
 
 
Dearest Family and friends:

As a book-keeping note, dearelder.com is easilly the easiest way for me to get your letters and read them. I have 30 minutes once a week to read and write my email and, for some crazy reason, that time goes by way too fast. With the dearelder.com system, it's free to send letters to me here at the mtc for you and I get them the same night so I can read them that night in my personal time (seven hours a week) so I have more time to do that and I can type out more effective emails. So if you could do that instead of email, that would be amazing. Spencer, the whole attachment thing isn't working so my attempt has failed. Try dearelder.

Everyone, this week was great. I think my sleeping issues are finished. The last week I've gotten at least seven to eight hours a night so it's going great. I'm loving the basketball and gym activities and it's really a great time to get to know elders from all around the world. Just yesterday I sat with an elder from australia, taihiti, japan, and russia at the same table for dinner. So we are really learning about all different kinds of culture. The whole companionship thing worked out. We went to our Branch President, President Dennis for some advice and he let us know that the solo sisters are supposed to rotate with all the companionships each week so it all is working out well. Sister Hansen is awesome and I really feel bad for her situation...I'd feel really weird without a companion here; it's like hanging out in a singles ward with kids, I'm sure.

Anyways, on more church/business-related notes, we had a pretty awesome speaker come to our devotional on Tuesday night. Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles was able to join us Tuesday night and I was so exited! He gave an amazing talk. He talked about the importance of carrying around a little notebook and writing down spiritual impressions that we have at all times!! Even when we sleep, we should sleep next to a notebook and write spiritual impressions in the middle of the night. That very same night, I woke up at about four thirty and had a really strong impression and had forgotten about it when I had woken up later but I looked down at my notebook and it was written down. What a blessing it is to have living prophets and apostles today! He is such a great man. I don't know if you have had the opportunity, but just being in the presence of an apostle is amazing. I could definately feel the love of Christ there. He had us turn to Ether 12:6 and switch the scripture around a little bit, "If you try your faith, you WILL receive a witness." I can testify to that. One special thing about apostles is their special blessings that they can endow you with. He said, "I bless you that as you prayerfully ponder and seek guidence the spirit will guid you for support and guide your steps. And as you prayerfully and patiently wait, God will strenghthen week things of yours to prepare you to build your own home when you return from your mission." He testified of his knowledge of God. He said, "I KNOW...I do not believe or hope or wish. I KNOW that Jesus is the Christ and He lives."

Everyone at home and all friends, I too testify and want you all to know that I know that God lives too and taht he loves us. Really quick, as he closed, he told us he normally likes to meet all the missionaries but he couldn't because he was sick and in a hurry but i felt the love of christ that he felt for nephites in 3nephi. I love you all and am out of time. I'll continue to pray for you. I am thankful for your prayers.

Elder Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment