Friday, November 11, 2011

November 10, 2011 E-Mail

Dear family and friends:

This week was a pretty rough one for my companion and myself. Our lessons didn''t go quite as well as they had been going and it was just really stressful to see everyone in the district except for us get their travel plans...
Story: Monday, Elder Olsen and I went to the travel office to ask about any news on our visas and travel plans and they told us that they will be sending a group of Mexican missionaries to the consolate on Friday so we were naturally a little bit worried. They called me back down to the travel office about two hours later and they told me that I was going to be going to the consolate that day in about two hours but that fell through...Then the next morning they called down Elder Olsen and told us that they had our papers ready and we were to report at 1:15 to the travel office to go for a ride to the consolate and sign our visa agreement. We did exactly as we were told, to make sure that we could get the promised miracles from exact obedience and, amazingly enough, we actually were going!!
As we entered the bus, the driver offered to stop and get us food from the outside world if we wrote down our order and gave him enough cash to cover the whole price. He said he would only go to Wendy''s or McDonalds and we needed to know the menu farely well. This was my moment to shine!! I took pride in the skills that I gained of the knowledge of the Wendy''s menu from those two years of work!! I was the savior of the trip. :) Our order ended up costing 99.15 and I ordered a double stack with everything and a large frosty. It was nice to eat something new.
Anyways, at the consolate, I got to sign those pretty papers and get my picture taken w/fingerprints. It was a really good time!! So it turns out that I could be leaving on Monday next week or anytime within the next month...hopefully Monday!!
I love you all and want to share a special scripture that applies to absolutely everyone! In 1Corinthians 10:13, the Lord promises us that he will never alow us to be over-tempted. God will always provide a way (1Nephi 3:7) and I testify along with Nephi that God is a supportive God and will help us accomplish any commandment that he gives me. I love you all and want you to know that God loves you too and that He''ll be there to help us through any tough times.

I love you all and will continue to pray for you every day and night. If you can keep praying for me and all the missionaries in the field doing the Lord's work, that will be very appreciated. Que les vayan con Dios.

Love,

Elder Palmer
p.s. Go NBA failing!! And hopefully the Vikings can win maybe one or two more...

No comments:

Post a Comment